Thursday, March 15, 2007

Welcome spring

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." Song of Solomon 2:11-13

Every religion seems to have some major holiday in the spring, and many relate to the idea of God bringing the earth back to life. I realize Spring doesn't officially start for a few days, but the flowers look great now. So I took my camera on a walk through the neighborhood yesterday and here's some of what I saw.

Note: I am certainly not a professional photographer. The pros I work with at the The Times have a truly God-given talent, but I had fun trying.













No comments: