Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Welcome!

One of the things I love about my job as religion reporter is getting to hear the stories of how all of you live out your faith -- whatever that might be -- on a daily basis. Unfortunately, a lot of those stories don't always make it in the paper for a variety of reasons. Here are a few of the topics I hope to explore in this forum:

* Stories of faith – Short anecdotes from people I meet on the beat who are doing extra because of their beliefs. In interviews, I also frequently hear anecdotes about survival or revelation that people attribute to God and those could find a home here.

* Experiences of faith – As a religion reporter, I get to visit religious services in traditions that a lot of people never see. I hope to elaborate on those experiences in ways that stories don’t necessarily allow. As well, I see a lot of religion in movies, books and pop culture that could be mentioned.

* Questions of faith – this is the “ask the reporter” section. Lots of you have good questions about why Baptists do this or what Muslims believe about that. I may not have the answers, but I know people who do. I'll be happy to find them.

As always, I love to hear what's on your mind. Comment often, or if you want e-mail me at dhaag@gannett.com.

Nearly every religion teaches that God is present everywhere. Together, let's find out if that's true.

No comments: