Thursday, January 18, 2007

E-prayer

A Google search for "prayer" turns up 84 million hits. And I heard recently that a good percentage of people online are looking for religious-related material.

So, at the suggestion of a friend I thought I would start a periodic link feature. We'll start with prayer. I'll list a few sites that I've found, and if you have particular Web sites that you find helpful/interesting, please add them to the comments box.

Beliefnet prayer circles - You'll probably see me refer to Beliefnet regularly. It's on my list of daily Web sites to check and includes something for people of all faiths. But they also have a huge number of prayer circles for particular needs. Join in or add your own request.

Sacred Space - A group of Irish Jesuits run this site. Their daily prayer leads you through a 10-minute scripture reflection.

World Prayers - A collection of prayers from all sorts of traditions. Spin the prayer wheel and you'll never know what you'll find.

No comments: