Thursday, January 11, 2007

Heading south

I know I just started this blog, but I'm taking the next few days off for a mission trip with my church to New Orleans. So I should have plenty to add on Monday night or Tuesday.

The trip should be fantastic. I was there in April with Broadmoor Baptist and was trully amazed. The destruction just defies language. Here's some of what I saw:




The first photo is from St. Bernard Parish and the second is from the Lower 9th Ward. We can only pray that some things have changed.

I know several other churches are also taking advantage of the long weekend to do some mission work there as well. I'd love to hear your stories when you return!



1 comment:

Cristina said...

Diane, this blog looks really great! I hope people take advantage of asking you questions. You have a LOT to share!!
I'm looking forward to hearing about New Orleans, too.