Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Changing Times

After more than five years on the religion beat here at The Times, I'm starting a new adventure. I'm now a full time editorial writer as of this week.

Don't panic. I will not let down the two dozen of you or so that read this page regularly. Everyday Faith will remain, and I'll probably keep my hand in some faith-related reporting, but it will just be on a different scale. The Conversations, or opinion, section certainly lends itself to lots of great stories about the intersection of faith and life (think the current election or the ways churches are involved in creating social change). It also might allow me to write about more theological questions. I can envision something about suffering or forgiveness. Day to day religion coverage will be handled by the Metro staff.

Obviously, I'm still trying to figure out what my role will be, but I'm excited for the challenge and the chance to use my skills in a different way. We'll still be talking faith and religion here and in the pages of The Times, and as always, I look forward to your thoughts.

1 comment:

BrianC said...

Congrats Diane! Glad to see that big brain is coming in handy!