Thursday, May 10, 2007

For anyone going to Charlotte...

The Billy Graham Library will open June 5 after a celebrity-studded dedication May 31. A shiny, packed-with-info press kit arrived in the mail the other day touting the opening of the museum, which sounds very impressive:

40,000 square feet
a 40-foot tall glass window/door in the shape of a cross
6 exhibits
350 photographs
60 years of history

My first thought was "isn't this a little excessive?" Then I thought about the preacher, who has reached more than 210 million people, some in countries no one thought possible (the Soviet Union, for example). He also reshaped the way we think about modern multi-media ministry with his radio and TV appearances. And I'm sure he would say its not a monument to his accomplishments but to the work of God.

Sometime in the next couple of years, I hope to get out to North Carolina and then I'll take a detour to see it for myself. But if any of you get there first, I'd love to hear what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you are going to NC, I know some great BBQ places.