Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Fasting and penance are done and Christians can now celebrate the hope of Easter -- that they too have a promise of eternal life.

I had some friends over and celebrated with the requisite ham, wine and chocolate bunnies. And then my fiance and I went into ancient epic movie mode. We both got each other "The Ten Commandments" for Easter (this thinking alike is not supposed to happen until after we're married!), so we settled in for the nearly four hours of biblical imagery and special effects.

As we talked exchanging the duplicate film, I realized how many other Eater-related movies are out there. Soe here's aew of my recommendations:

Quo Vadis - Takes place in Rome during one the reign of Nero, when Christians were persecuted. A Roman soldier falls in love with a Christian girl. It also features St. Peter in his post-Christ role as evangelist and church leader.

Ben Hur - Conversion of a Jewish merchant living in Judea at the time of Christ. Also starting Charlton Heston.

The Passion of the Christ - I actually can't watch this any more. The year it came out I had to see it about three times for work, and I can't take it. But it is a compelling picture of the crucifixion and the suffering of Christ.

Any others out there?

No comments: