Friday, November 02, 2007

Non-gift gifts

November and Decembers are quite possibly the most difficult months to be a religion reporter. Just as churches are pulling out all the stops for the celebration of Christmas, religion writers are expected to do the same. I have an idea that could be my best Christmas story yet, but I need some help.

Here's the concept: a series of stories about gifts you could give that don't involve tangible objects. I'm thinking about things like a genuine apology or gratitude. What do you think? And what would you add to the list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatest gifts I could ever give to someone, at anytime of the year, is the gift of the Truth of being born again and the knowledge of Who God is: Jesus Christ.

No other gifts will produce more joy or eternal reward than these.

Other than those, praying more for others might be a good gift. You mentioned forgiveness. That's a good one, also.